At Fairfield Primary School, the aim of our Transition Program is to familiarise children with the school, facilities, some of the teachers, and future classmates through formal and informal activities. We recognise that starting school is a big step for children and our five-week program aims to provide assurance and excitement about the journey that lies ahead.
Our transition program runs from the end of October through November and involves:
Orientation Sessions – five virtual, on-demand sessions
- 29 October, 5, 12, 19, & 26 November (consecutive Thursdays)
- On-demand video will be sent each Thursday at 9:30am.
- Families are welcome to watch the video in their own time, and as many times as they wish.
Parent Information Evening – virtual meeting
- Tuesday 24 November, from 6 – 7pm
- A Zoom link will be sent the week prior to the meeting
Meet Your Teacher Session
- Friday 11 December, 9.30 – 10.30am
- The Meet your Teacher session may go ahead at the school. Based on restrictions and Department of Education advice, we will inform you closer to the date if we are able to run this session onsite, or whether it will be a virtual session.
For the purpose of our transition program, we place children into groups. Please note, this grouping is not your child’s class for 2021; it is for the transition program only.
We believe that our Foundation Transition Program is highly successful and positive, helping children (and their parents) to feel more confident about joining the Fairfield Primary School community.