Starting Primary School: The Enrolment Process
The first step to enrolling your child at Fairfield Primary School is to complete the Student Enrolment Form. A paper version of the form is available at the school office, or you may complete the online version and email it to us.
When submitting the Student Enrolment Form, also attach:
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s Immunisation Certificate/Record
- Proof of residence – utility bill, driver’s licence, rental agreement, etc. (for new families to the school.)
- To commence primary school, children must be five years old by 30th April the year they start school.
- At Fairfield Primary School, we accept enrolments for the following year from March onward. We do not manage a wait list – so we do not accept enrolments beyond the next school year.
- If you have enrolment questions, please contact the school office.
Upon receipt of your enrolment form, an appointment may be scheduled for you and your child/ren to meet with the Principal or Assistant Principal to further discuss your application.
Each year around May/June, we host school tours for families with kindergarten-aged children who plan to start school the following year. This year, we are holding in-person tours during the school day as we believe it is the best way to see our school – and our teaching and learning – in action. If you are unable to make any of the in-person tours, we will offer a virtual meeting with the Principal.
If COVID restrictions come into effect, our in-person tours will be modified to virtual information sessions with the Principal.
We encourage all prospective families to watch the virtual tour videos, produced in 2020, which can be accessed here.
Enrolment Form Submitted – What’s Next?
Families of kindergarten children are encouraged to submit their enrolment form for the coming year by the end of June. At Fairfield Primary School, we email our placement offers at the end of July and our transition program is held in November.
Enrolment Timeline for 2022 Students
- Friday 25 June: Submit your enrolment form and supporting documentation (birth certificate, immunisation record, and proof of address) to the school office. This is the last day of term two.
- Thursday 22 July: You will receive an email (to the addresses provided on the enrolment form) with either an offer/no offer of a place at Fairfield Primary School.
- Friday 30 July: If you were offered a place, please reply to the email, either accepting or declining the offer by this date.
- Monday 13 September: You will receive an email about the Foundation Transition program listing associated activities and dates.
- November: The Foundation Transition program is held across multiple days in November.
Enrolment Process for Student in Years 1 – 6
If your family is relocating, or you are interested in having your children attend Fairfield Primary School, we ask that you first get in touch with the school office. At that point, we will walk you through the enrolment process and timeline.