At Fairfield Primary School we use the Compass Parent Portal system for many of our communications including the school calendar, general class information, online consent for excursions, online payments, student attendance data and absence/late/early leave parent approvals. Access Compass from our homepage or here: https://fairfieldps-vic.compass.education
Each family listed in the school administration database has a unique login for Compass. Details on how to use Compass can be found in the User Guide for Parents and Families.
The various Compass parent features are detailed below:
- Email address and mobile phone number – update your details through the portal. The details listed will be used to send emails and SMS alerts.
- News Feed – the school will post news to parents to remind you about events and activities at the school. Your news feed will be customised, showing only the information relevant to you and your children.
- Attendance – view your child’s attendance online, approve absences, and indicate future absence.
- Excursions – approve your child’s participation in excursions and other special events. You will also be able to pay for these online.
- Payments – paying school fees, charges and contributions online.
- Reports – download your child’s semester one and two reports.
Please Note: Consent for excursions and events can only be provided by logging in to Compass and approving your child’s attendance. Whenever your child’s class has an event/excursion, you will receive an email with a prompt to provide consent (and payment where applicable) for your child to participate. If consents are not received before their due date it is possible students will be unable to attend and participate in these activities.
The Home Screen will appear once you have successfully logged in to Compass. This provides you with relevant alerts that require your action or attention e.g. unexplained absences and student report availability, a News Feed and quick links to your child’s profile. Parents play an important role in this initiative. It is essential that parents log in at least once a fortnight to access the calendar and the news feed.
Compass is accessible on any current web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) via your desktop computer or mobile device. iOS and Android apps are also available (search for Compass School Manager in the App Store). Some of the features of Compass are not currently available using the app. If you ‘swipe right’ when in the app, there is an option to ‘Open in Browser’.